Thursday 19 May 2011

Redirection

At this stage in my project, I felt it necessary to get approval from my tutors before beginning major work on my final illustrations. Unfortunately, they have expressed concern over the large scale of the final pieces. They believe that once my pieces are blown up to such a large scale, they will be slightly empty looking. This is due to fact that when the images are blown up there will be areas of quite flat colour that will suddenly be huge and quite dominating. I can understand this concern and listened to their other suggestions.

They suggested that instead of the images being behind full sized doors, that I design and build a set of cupboards - perhaps modified bathroom cupboards etc. - which contain lots of smaller and doors and draws; behind these structures will sit my images. This will maintain my interest in creating an atmosphere where my audience have opened up an access point to another world, but also create more of a transition between this world and another. Also in the different sections of the structure could sit a variety of objects that link back to the story.

Although this is an interesting idea, I am so far unconvinced that it is the best way to go. I will carry out some research and create a few design sketches based on this idea and hopefully come to a decision that satisfies all concerned.

See sketchbook for designs.

I will also complete my experimentation of Lenticular lenses as this will help me to make a decision on my final piece and its presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment