Monday 2 May 2011

Lily Pond

A trip to a local lily pond - Haigh Hall
Waterlily - Flowers
I have gathered together various sets of images that will help to create a realistic composition. I started with a selection of flowers. Although I have a record of more flowers than this, these are the clearest images that show the whole flower with some leaves. The flower is very important because it needs to be recognisable as the waterlily. Each of these images is from a different angle in order to get an idea of whole thing. The flowers are also at various stages of opening, i.e. some more open than others. Again, this is to give me a wider scope when designing and creating my image.
Waterlily - Leaves
I have also got images of leaves that are quite traditional in terms of our perception of lily pads. I think this could be quite important, as it will help the audience to confirm what they are looking at, and perhaps help with other things; scale, for instance, the audience may be helped to understand the reduction in scale brought on by the narrative. I have tried to gather images of lily pads with empty water around them, instead of being surrounded by leaves. This could also help my designs and the creation of a section of water.

These are some more images that may help my design process; flowers and leaves from yet more angles.

No comments:

Post a Comment