Wednesday 18 May 2011

Large Scale Print

I have chosen one of my designs to print to full scale on several A4 sheets, the Little Mermaid. This will help me work out if the photographs and other sections of the image will scale well, or if they'll pixelate, as the scale at this stage is almost 5 times bigger than the digital versions.

Although it was difficult to piece together the 33 sheets, I am pleased to say that the majority of the images have scaled fine. The only section that looks odd is the pieces of coral in the foreground; however, I was going to change these anyway as they don't really work as I thought they might. It is exciting to see my work on such a large scale and working as I expected it to. It has also helped me to consider how I will print the images for the final exhibition, as the process I used was quite easy.

I will now plan my time around creating the actual illustrations. I will increase the size of the digital paper I am working on to aid the scaling up process, but I am glad that the current scales have worked fine. I may wish to repeat the process at a later stage in order to fully evaluate my development and find sections that need improving.

No comments:

Post a Comment