Thursday 28 April 2011

Design Sketches

I have now begun a range of designs for my final choice of stories.

The Little Mermaid
To begin with I spent some time creating different designs for the castle, as this is the scene I want to create. See Sketchbook. I then began to add some surroundings to the castles and created the following designs.
Design One       Design Two       Design Three

Inchelina
I have taken note of what I saw in my artist research for this story and have created some designs that contain a mix of scenes described in the narrative.
Design One       Design Two       Design Three
Research Topics:
Inchelina
  • Lily Pond/Flowers/Pads
  • Toadstool
  • Thorn bushes
  • Walnut shell
  • Rose petal
  • Reeds
  • Variety of Leaves
  • Open flower
The Little Mermaid
  • Castle
  • Sand
  • Shells/Coral
  • Fish Shoal
  • Light rays/Surface ripples
  • Trees/bush
  • Sea weed
Rapunzel
  • Tower/Castle
  • Pathway
  • Bushes
  • Plaits
  • Woods
  • Sky
I will now continue with these research topics and revisit my designs later on to finalise my ideas. I may also use some of the matte painting skills I learnt earlier, to create mock-up compositions.

No comments:

Post a Comment