Tuesday 26 April 2011

Brief Matte Painting Experiment

I have used a collection of my own images to experiment briefly with the techniques I learnt about matte painting. The original images I used are shown below, along with some screenshots of my process.
Original Images
Screenshots
Below are the two completed images I have at the end of my experimentation.
Image One
These two images are very rough, but I have learnt a lot from the process. I can see how important it is to get the edges right on each image; otherwise the join is very obvious, which is not the aim. If I had a wider range of images at my disposal, the pieces would be more interesting, but I wanted to be sure to use original photographs of my own. It will also help to have a clear idea of what I want at the end of the project; this was a brief task, but I can see where the problems may occur. These images were created quite quickly, which is a benefit of this technique, but I will be sure to pay close attention to every detail during the creation of my illustrations.
Image Two

No comments:

Post a Comment