Wednesday 6 April 2011

Door Sizes and Scales

As I am going to create scenes that will be viewed through an open door and door frame, I need to look at standard door sizes. This will allow me to create designs that are the right scale for a normal door, which will therefore be more believable to my audience.

According to http://www.thediyworld.co.uk/internal_doors.html , a standard interior door is usually 1981mm x 762mm (6ft 6in x 2ft 6in). Therefore I will use this scale as a base to create my designs, final compositions and images. They will then be scaled back up when the images are being printed. I am unsure how I will acquire a number of doors and frames when I am putting up my exhibition; I may end up building them myself to save on costs.

I may also have to consider the extra height and width added to the size of the door by the door frame, as I will need the door to move smoothly but also for the image to fill the available space. When it comes to designing and making the actual doors, I will need to consider the type of handle and the depth of the doors.

However, for now this is all the information I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment