Tuesday 19 April 2011

Brief Observation Trip

As I am still undecided on my three scene choices, I have conducted a brief photo shoot at Lilford Park, Leigh. They have an area of woods with a variety of paths leading through it. I thought that if I gather some observational research it might help inspire me in one direction or another. Here are some of the images I gained:
More Interesting Compositions
I enjoyed gathering this research as it gave me an opportunity to walk amongst the scenery I plan to create in at least one of my images. However, it has confirmed my suspicions that two of my chosen scenes will be very similar as they are both set in forests. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I think the collection will be more impressive if the scenes are all quite different from each other. I am definitely going to return to my fairy tale research in order to find a wider selection of scenes to illustrate.

See Sketchbook - I have printed out some of these photographs to better study them. I have highlighted the variety of pathways that have been created through the trees. I have found this interesting as they are not always straight or clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment